Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shorthand #1 by Jason McNamara & Rahsan Ekedal

Review by Amir Malekpour

When reading Shorthand, I found myself being jealous of the main character’s detective skills. Now that probably says something about me, for example I need to work on my self esteem, but it also says a lot about Jason McNamara’s great writing skills and Rahsan Ekedal’s ability to convey a story.

Oscar is the mysterious old man who seems to have a knack for deductive reasoning. He ends up of course solving a small town mystery which is a both a great introduction to his character and a setup for wonderful new adventures. I certainly hope we get a long series about this new character. By the way, this would be a great comic book for all ages, as you’ll find kids having a lot in common with Oscar.

My favorite panel:

Writer: Jason McNamara

Artist: Rahsan Ekedal

2 comments:

Jason McNamara said...

Amir,
Thank you for the kind and generous praise for Short Hand. Rahsan and I hope to continue the series. Oscar is an incredibly fun character to write.

Best-
Jason McNamara

AmirCat said...

Jason, I had a blast reading it. THANK YOU!